Friday, April 18, 2008

Joanna Bessey nominated for Best Director- Boh Cameronian Arts Awards


I've been nominated for 'Best Director' for my directorial debut last year, Ibsen's 'An Enemy of the People'. I love this photo of Zalfian Fuzi, Christina Orow, Megat and other cast members during the play, taken by 'Kelab Shashin'. If you click and look up close, it's slightly blurry (being an action shot) but everyone has such interesting expressions on their faces.
It's exciting to be nominated and I was very surprised. I found out a few weeks ago when I got a lovely text message from Zahim Albakri congratulating me and saying it was well deserved. He's also been nominated this year, along with Adlin Aman Ramlie for 'P. Ramlee- the musical'. It meant a lot to me that Zahim had enjoyed my play.
So that's how I found out, text message! Zahim and a few other friends sent text messages when the nominees came out. Up until that point I had no idea and had kind of forgotten about it. So it was a yummy surprise. :)

2 Comments:

At 9:22 AM , Blogger Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Congratulations Joanna. Another feather in your cap.

 
At 8:38 AM , Blogger BlueWater said...

Hi,

My fiance told me about the sitcom Kopitiam which he'd been watching online. He asked me to get a box set when I was in Singapore but I couldn't and now I'm back in Sri Lanka there is no way to get my hands on it. He lives in the States so he has had no luck himself. But he still talks about how much he loves the comedy and I really want to get him the box set (anything of the whole series or atleast parts of it) and I hope you can help me. I will be so grateful to you if you could tell me where i could buy it online.

Thanks.

Zaynab

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home