Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Omigosh! It's been forever since my last blog post. I only seem to be doing mini posts and not proper writing these days. I have actually taken a break from social media and do not have them on my phone at the moment and suddenly I have a little more time! I need to learn how to magically MAKE more time!

In terms of theatre, this year I am involved in and directing the musical comedy panto "Aladdin - Reloaded" in December 2016. Back by popular demand, our "Aladdin" panto last year was such a hoot. Our audience hollered and laughed so much, it was like a riot in the theatre. I had such fun co-producing and directing the show. And of course we had an amazing cast. Biggest shout outs go to our celebrity cast: Rashid Salleh, Peter Davis and Tria Aziz; who also act as mentors to our young adult and student cast, as part of Enfiniti Academy's yearly "Youth-On-Stage" apprenticeship program. Where our students and young performing artists can audition to be in our professional production. So it's fun and sometimes the comedy is a little raunchy (but always family friendly, of course!), it's musical, it's a panto for holiday season AND it is benefitting Arts Education for young people and giving them real work experience. So it just ticks so many boxes for me, as to why I want to be involved.


The other exciting thing about the show last year, was that we received 4 nominations at this year's 2016 Boh Cameronian Arts Awards! Securing myself with my 4th nomination for Best Director (I've been nominated 5 times since the awards began and have yet to win a "Cammie"....... just saying..... it's not about winning....it's all about the journey...... it's not about winning...... it's all about the journey...... My new mantra ;D ).
"Aladdin - A musical comedy" was nominated for:
Best Director (yours truly)
Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Tria Aziz)
Best Costume and make-up design (Dominique Devorsine)
and nominated for Audience Choice award, in which the public vote online.
So for a Panto and for an academy show, not bad! Not bad at all!
I was so proud of my cast and crew and the whole team. I'm so looking forward to working with them all again too!

Pictured here last year: Nabilah Hamid as Princess Kim K. and Jayson Phuah as Aladdin.

                                                            Tria Aziz as the Genie of the Ring and Peter Davis as Abanaza!

Tickets are on sale already with an early bird promo "Buy 1 Free 1" for opening night 2nd December 2016. Based on last year's response, I suggest buying early to get the good seats.
Buy Tickets: www.tix.my
Or call: +6017 2BUYTIX | +60 17 2289849

#AladdinReloaded

1 Comments:

At 5:32 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home